Keep Your Identity From Being Stolen With These 6 Tips
|November 17, 2017
Threats increase daily as our world becomes more connected. Almost every week there is a new headline about a breach at a large company.
Don’t be the reason your company ends up in the news!
Here are 6 SIMPLE tips that you can implement today to protect your identity from thieves:
- Don’t carry your social insurance number in your wallet.
- Don’t respond to unsolicited requests for personal information by phone, email, or online.
- Watch out for shoulder surfers, specifically with access codes to buildings or when using ATMs.
- Review your receipts, compare receipts with account statements and keep an eye out for unauthorized transactions.
- Shred receipts, credit offers, account statements, and expired cards to protect your information from dumpster divers.
- Personal information at home should be stored in a safe location, either hidden or locked in a safe.